Monday, 28 January 2013

Ravioli al pesce




Today is a very raining day in Sydney. Since there's no chance to go outside I decided to try to make seafood Ravioli. All I need to do is prepare the filling, make the Pasta Fresca and then try to assemble all in Ravioli shape. Lets do it!
First of all I prepare the Pasta and I leave it in a cool place while I make the filling.

For the filling I decided to use prawns and smoked salmon.










Ingredients (4 to 6 serves):
300g of pealed prawns
50g of smoked salmon
celery
salt and pepper or chilli

I grind grossly the prawns, the smoked salmon and some celery. I brown a squashed clove of garlic in a bit of olive oil and then I add the seafood. Half glass of white wine is always suggested when you cook seafood.
 
 

I let the mixture cook for few minutes and once the wine evaporates I take the pan out of the heat and let cool down. Now I can add 200g of ricotta cheese, nutmeg and black pepper, I mix everything homogeneously.

Alright, let the game start! I cut a piece of the dough and with a rolling pin a stretch it out till I get a very thin layer. Then I place a tea spoon of filling for each raviolo leaving about 2 cm one from the other. 
 


With a second layer of pasta I cover the first one and I apply a bit of pressure to eliminate the air trapped inside.



Now I can cut my ravioli and... DONE!


I leave the ravioli drying while I think what kind of sauce to make...

I decided to prepare a simple tomato sauce. I brown a clove of garlic in olive oil and I add some diced peeled tomatoes. I leave it cook for about 15 minutes and then I add some cooking cream.
In a big pot I bring the salted water to boil and cook the ravioli for few minutes, remember that home made pasta does not need to cook for long time. Once the ravioli are cooked I drain and stir-fry them on the sauce at high heat for a couple of minutes.


Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment