Friday, 25 January 2013

Ragù

Tomorrow  is the Australian Open final! I am not a tennis fan but I am having dinner at a friend place to watch it together on TV. For this occasion I am making Cannelloni al ragù. Ok, you might think that this is not exactly an easy and quick recipe. You are right, apologies! It's not a quick recipe but easy? of course ;) just try to do it with me! It's also so so yummy mmm...







Let's start with the ingredients for the ragù (5 to 6 serves):

1 big onion
1 clove of garlic
2 carrots
3 mushrooms
1 big piece of celery
1.5l of canned diced tomato
1Kg of extra lean mince
herbs: basil, sage, rosemary and bay leaves
salt and pepper

Because  I am lazy, I cut grossly all the veggies and then I blend them finely together with basil and sage. I transfer all in a big pot with some olive oil and I let it brown under high heat.


Then I add the mince and I stir with all my energies till all the water that comes out from the meat evaporates out.

At this point I add some white wine, red is better but I forgot I had some at home, tomato, rosemary, bay leaves and salt. Finito! I will let it cook for 3h at low heat. The only secret for a good ragù is let it cook for a long long long time!
I use this ragù to make Lasagna as well, the only difference is that I would add some water because you need some liquid to cook the lasagna sheet.

Tomorrow I am making Cannelloni!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment